Monday 8 February 2010

NME & Nylon Double Page Spreads



This first page is the double page spread that goes with the Zac Efron contents page I have looked at, I like the way the picture is big bold and is there to catch your eye & make you want to read on, I like the splash of colour and then how bland the rest of the page is, I think its a good contrast. The 'O' being so large aswell is a commonly used convention used in double page spreads I like this idea however I think id make mine smaller if I did the same.



I really like how busy and messy this page is, it is also from the same magazine as the page above. The colour use is fluent & minimal I like this as it keeps the page in order by picking up the colour in the pictures & using it elsewhere but its still busy & very informed. I also like the little doodles and things that are about and the block colour and how it is positioned is interesting.



Ive looked at this double page spread in NME because its on Florence + The Machine who has inspired my photo shoot & inspired me generally for the whole image of my magazine. I like the use of the bold quote in the middle of the double page spread aswell this is used on alot of double page spreads & is a good technique to catch a readers eye and make them want to read more. I like the way the photograph fills one side and then apart of the other aswell showing its a double page. The photograph is ok, I think I have seen better shots of Florence though & the text is not that varied and quite simple. The quote has inspired me however.

No comments:

Post a Comment